Second Grant Funding Solicitation
The second Grant Funding Solicitation for the CSI RD&D Program were awarded in Summer 2010.
The second Grant Funding Solicitation for the CSI RD&D Program was released on November 4, 2009. This second solicitation focuses on improved PV production technologies and innovative new business models. The following areas are of particular interest:
- Testing and demonstration of new solar technologies with improved performance/reliability or lower costs.
- Testing and demonstration of innovative business models that help support expansion of cost-competitive solar technologies by reducing costs or increasing value of the solar system to owners or utilities.
Proposals were due by 4:00 p.m. (PST) February 16, 2010.
Up to $15 million is expected to be available.
Questions and Answers about Second Solicitation (updated 01/15/2010)
First Grant Funding Solicitation
The first Grant Funding Solicitation was released in late July 2009, and the deadline for proposals was August 24, 2009. The first solicitation focused on integration of photovoltaics (PV) into the utility grid, with emphasis on the following areas:
- Planning and modeling for high-penetration PV.
- Testing and development of hardware and software for high-penetration PV.
- Addressing the near term integration of energy efficiency, demand response and storage along with PV.
Applications for the first Grant Funding Solicitation for the CSI RD&D Program have been reviewed and a CPUC Draft Resolution E-4317 awarding funding was published on January 28th. Comments on the draft were due February 18th.
Additional information about previous solicitations can be found here.